Hello hello! Happy hump day everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. We went to the beach as you do in Florida and it was a perfect day. Being a Floridian going to the beach is something that happens quite often. I’ve grown up spending weekends at the beach or on the river so I’ve learned a few essential items to bring along the way. Check out my summer beach essentials below!
1. Sunscreen: I can’t stress the importance of this enough. When I was young I hated putting sunscreen on and would come home miserable and looking like a tomato. Now I am probably a little obsessive with it. I use the Neutrogena Beach Defense SPF 70 and apply it once an hour to ensure I am protected from the sun.
2:Sunglasses: These are a must for the beach. In Florida the sun can be super harsh and can be hard on your eyes. Sunglasses are needed especially if you will be at the beach for an extended amount of time. I think Forever 21 has some of the cutest and most inexpensive sunglasses out there.
3. A cute bathing suite: Okay this might sound a little dumb but I feel like its so much easier to enjoy yourself at the beach when you have bathing suite that makes you feel good and confident about yourself. I am currently in love with the one I have on. Its from Cotton On and is also affordable. Check it out here.
4. A Book: Its so relaxing to sit on the beach and read a good book. I am currently reading the Out from Egypt series. I can’t rave enough about these books. They suck you in and you never want to stop reading.
5. Small wristlet or pouch: I usually bring an empty Ipsy bag that way I can keep my phone, wallet, and keys without them falling to the bottom of my beach bag. It makes it way easier to find.
6. Massive Beach Towel or Beach Chair: While at the beach you are going to want something to sit in beside the sand. A big beach towel works great or if you prefer a chair you can easily find an inexpensive beach chair.
7. Water: It gets extremely hot in the summer and that makes it easy to get dehydrated. So while at the beach make sure you are drinking a lot of water!
Today was literally the perfect way to end our trip. We decided this morning just to spend a little while shopping in time square. After that it was almost time for our plane. So we walked back to the apartment to get our stuff. As we were walking my friend saw someone and says that looks like Harry Styles. Then we realized it was. It was literally just us who noticed him so I went up and asked if we could take a picture. He said of course! And then said I’m Harry what’s your names? So we told him then he asked if we would like to cross the street and then take the picture. So we did and this was the result.
He was so nice and kind to take time and do that for us. So here’s some Times Square pictures if you care at this point.
Hope you enjoyed! XOXO!!
We started out our day by going to Top of the Rock. I had never been before so it was exciting. I have been to NYC but like I said I’ve never been to Top of the Rock, or up in any of the really tall buildings, so I never realized the magnitude of this city. It’s huge! I knew it was big but I don’t think you realize just how big until you’ve seen it from this high up.
After we decided to go spend some time in the Wall Street area. It was actually really relaxing just wandering around. I love the tree there. Plus I got to stop in Pret and grab a juice which is always good.
The final thing we had on the agenda was to meet up with a wonderful friend who lives in the city. She took us to dinner at a Thai restaurant which was super good! It was just really awesome to see her and catch up.
Tomorrow is our last day in the city! I will be blogging for one more day! I’ve had such a great time and hope you’ve enjoyed following me around so far! XOXO
Today we had a late start because we were all so tired. Eventually we made it out the door and to Central Park. I love Central Park it’s one of my favorite parts of the city. It’s so pretty especially during winter. We wondered around for quite a few hours and it was so nice to just relax in the midst of such a busy city.
After Central Park we all wanted to go to church and there’s no other place i would rather be than Hillsong NYC. I feel so refreshed after going. Pastor Carl Lentz talked on gratitude today. I instantly felt convicted. My favorite quote was “God doesn’t need to change your circumstances, you need to change your spirit.” I feel like so often I fall into wanting my surroundings and circumstances to change when really I need to check my heart and spirit. It was just a great service.
The final thing we did was Macy’s. It was a lot of fun and so big!
Today was another great day. I love this city. I’m having so much fun! Hope you enjoyed! XOXO
Yet again we shopped even more today which I don’t mind at all! We hit up Topshop which I love because we don’t have one where I live. We also hit up Dash and a few other stores. It was a nice slow morning. We also did brunch at this really cool organic restaurant. I ordered a grilled cheese and it was great!
After that we went to Chinatown which I’m not a huge fan of but I thought my friends should see it because they never have. After that we headed to the Christmas market in Bryant Park. We absolutely loved it. There are tons of shops and food stands. I bought a super yummy Crêpe. The area was super busy but still a lot of fun.
To finish off the day my friend really wanted to go to Ellens Stardust Diner. I had never been so I was up for it. I wasn’t disappointed. The food was really good plus you sort of got a show while eating as well.
Hope you enjoyed reading about my NYC adventures! XOXO
Another beautiful day here in NYC! We started our day a little late because it was a late night. So we walked to Soho and hit up quite a few shops. One of the many we hit up was the e.l.f Studio Store. It was awesome! Talk about makeup heaven! We got a lot of stuff as you can see!
After shopping a bit more and seeing a few sights we came back to where we are staying and got ready. When we were ready to go we called an Uber to pick us up. We were shocked when we got picked up in a black escalade. I had never been in that nice of a Uber so it was really cool. We ate at this Italian restaurant called La Messeria. It was super good!
After dinner we had some time to kill so we decided to hangout in Times Square for a bit since it was close.
It was finally time for our Broadway show. We went and saw Aladdin and it was amazing. Such a cute and fun show. I literally smiled the whole time. It was just amazing that’s the best word to describe it.
Hope you enjoyed my day! NYC has been great so far can’t wait for the rest of the time here! XOXO
What a day its been in NYC! I feel like we have done so much. We started out our morning by seeing the Radio City Rockettes. Since I was little I always watched the Rockettes on TV with my Mimi and now I finally got to see them and it truly was spectacular.
After the show we were all super hungry so we headed over to Times Square and ate at Shake Shack. Then we explored and shopped for a good bit of time. I mean that’s the best thing to do in NYC.
The night came quick and so did dinner. We stopped at a small pizza joint and it was yummy. The last thing we did was see the Rockefeller Christmas tree. What a sight. I honestly felt like I was in a dream. Taking everything in is so surreal. The tree is breathtaking.
Today was such a wonderful day! I can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings. Hope you enjoyed my post! XOXO
Today myself and a couple of my friends headed to New York City for a girls trip. We’ve been planning this trip for a while and are super excited for this week.
We arrived in NYC around 12:30 but didn’t get to where we are staying 3 hours later. We got a little lost to say the least. We were so tired we just chilled out and took our time getting ready for the night. We finally made it out and decided to do a bit of exploring in the snow. There is something about this city that’s just so invigorating. There’s to many things to take in its overwhelming but I love it all the same.
After exploring a bit we were all starving. I knew coming here that I wanted to try Ramen because last time I was here I didn’t get to. We made our way over to Ippudo which was amazing! I absolutely love real ramen. We also ordered and appetizer of pork buns and they were really good. The food was amazing and the workers were so nice. At the end of our night the waiter brought out green tea for each of us and said it was on the house. Needless to say we were impressed!
I hope you enjoyed my post and you enjoy following me around in New York City this week! XOXO
Christmas is right around the corner and I couldn’t be more excited! This is my favorite time of the year. I’m even more excited because very soon I will be headed to New York City for a girls trip. Obviously I’m taking an airplane so I thought I would give a few tips and tricks I’ve learned a long the way. I am in no way an expert but just a girl who has traveled a lot.
1. Water and lots of it: This is so cliche but seriously water must be something you bring on the plane with you. It will keep you nice and hydrated throughout the plane ride. Remember that water is not allowed through security so you’ll have to wait until after to buy some.
2. Keep your carry-on light: This is something I’ve learned the hard way. Trying to carry a heavy bag through the gates and onto the plane and then through the aisles is a pain. Just pack what you need.
3. Bring hand sanitizer and use it often: There are so many germs around and you don’t want to get sick before your vacation even starts so use that hand sanitizer.
4. Hydrate your skin: This is super important because the air in the cabin is not humidified so it dries out your skin quickly. Bring moisturizer and eye cream onto the plane with you. The TSA approved amount is 3 fl oz which most moisturizers do not come in. You can pick up clear travel pots and tubes at Target or Walmart. Which makes it easy to bring it with you.
5. Dress comfortably: Make sure whatever you wear allows you to be able to move and sit comfortably. But remember comfortable doesn’t mean sloppy. You can still be stylish while being comfy.
6. A good nights sleep: There is nothing better for you when you fly then to get a good nights rest. It makes you feel ready for the day a head.
Hope you enjoyed my little list of travel tips and tricks! Anyone have any other suggestion feel free to leave them below in the comments! XOXO