I was browsing around Walgreens, as you do, when suddenly out of the corner of my eyes new Wet n Wild products catch my attention. Naturally I rushed over, who am I kidding I walked and probably super slow too. Anyways I saw the Photofocus line and instantly fell in love…I mean these are the most expensive looking products Wet n Wild has ever released but we will get into that soon enough. While looking through the stash of foundation I couldn’t find my color anywhere, darn my pale skin, finally at the very back and in the wrong spot I got the very last one. Then I proceeded to find the concealer and I did. The lightest shade looked to dark but I shrugged my shoulders and bought it anyways, I can’t be stopped when it comes to makeup.
Now for the actual review of the products. I have been wearing both of these products and I feel like I have a pretty good judgement on these product. First off I will say if you have dry skin you will absolutely hate the foundation. It dries out on your skin so quickly. My skin is normal so I didn’t mind it so much. The foundation is a great color match for my skin and gave a really nice Matte finish. I wore this foundation my whole work day and noticed that it settled into my pores and really extenuated them. This foundation is horrible and for six bucks it doesn’t get much cheaper! The concealer is the real surprise for me. I originally thought it would be to dark for my skin tone but it ended up being a perfect match. It blends out beautifully and does everything you want a concealer to do. Overall these products are so inexpensive and the quality is not bad either.
I love foundations. Plain and simple. Out of all my makeup I believe I own more foundations than anything else. It’s because I feel like I’m always on the hunt for the perfect foundation. Is it out there? I’ll let you know if I figure it out. Until then I do have some drugstore foundations that I love.
1. Rimmel Match Perfection foundation: This claims to be a light reflecting foundation which means it should go perfectly with your skin. Out of all the foundation that will be mentioned I go back to this one constantly. I found my love for this foundation at the beginning of 2014 and have now repurchased this 3 times. That probably gives you an idea of how much I love it. It’s makes my skin look flawless and last all day. Plus it’s a really great price coming in at $5.99.
2. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum: This one was a recommendation from Essiebutton. Of course Bourjois is not available in the U.S so I ordered this one online. This stuff is amazing. It’s radiance boosting and is suppose to be good for your skin. When I wear this foundation it always feels so light on my skin. Plus just gives me an even complexion. It’s a little pricey, at 14.95, for a drugstore foundation but it’s worth it. If you are interested in purchasing this and you live in the U.S this where I bought it. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005IEH5W4/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1421076499&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SY200_QL40
3. Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation: This is a recent favorite of mine. This foundation stands out to me because of it’s staying power. It really does stay on for a long time. It does everything a foundation is supposed to do. It claims to be full coverage but I would call it medium coverage. Its a great foundation for those who need their makeup to last a super long time. I picked this one up for $6.99.
4. Revlon Photoready Foundation: I love the coverage and feel of this foundation. It’s perfect if you know you are going to be taking a lot of pictures. It’s light weight but still gives you that full coverage look. It’s very smooth and easy to apply. I believe that I purchased this one for $10.99.
5. e.l.f Acne Fighting Foundation: This foundation is so underrated to me. I recently picked this up at the e.l.f Studio store in Soho because I had heard a little about it. This has great coverage and is super light on the skin. This foundation does have some harsh acne fighting chemicals in it so I only wear this on really bad skin days. The price of this foundation was $6.
I hope everyone enjoyed reading about my top drugstore foundations. What are your go to drugstore foundations?