I was browsing around Walgreens, as you do, when suddenly out of the corner of my eyes new Wet n Wild products catch my attention. Naturally I rushed over, who am I kidding I walked and probably super slow too. Anyways I saw the Photofocus line and instantly fell in love…I mean these are the most expensive looking products Wet n Wild has ever released but we will get into that soon enough. While looking through the stash of foundation I couldn’t find my color anywhere, darn my pale skin, finally at the very back and in the wrong spot I got the very last one. Then I proceeded to find the concealer and I did. The lightest shade looked to dark but I shrugged my shoulders and bought it anyways, I can’t be stopped when it comes to makeup.
Now for the actual review of the products. I have been wearing both of these products and I feel like I have a pretty good judgement on these product. First off I will say if you have dry skin you will absolutely hate the foundation. It dries out on your skin so quickly. My skin is normal so I didn’t mind it so much. The foundation is a great color match for my skin and gave a really nice Matte finish. I wore this foundation my whole work day and noticed that it settled into my pores and really extenuated them. This foundation is horrible and for six bucks it doesn’t get much cheaper! The concealer is the real surprise for me. I originally thought it would be to dark for my skin tone but it ended up being a perfect match. It blends out beautifully and does everything you want a concealer to do. Overall these products are so inexpensive and the quality is not bad either.
Autumn is just a wonderful season. When the weather starts to change you feel like maybe life will slow down a little bit. I will be the first to tell you that when planning a wedding, working, and trying to find a place to live, life does not slow down one bit. In the midst of all the craziness that can surround us it important to slow down and spend time with the ones you love. Sometimes we get so caught up in the things in life that constantly keep us occupied that we forget to stop and enjoy the moment or season of life that we’re in. Don’t let the activities of life make you miss important moments. So this Autumn go to a Pumpkin Patch, find your way through a corn maze, sit around a bonfire, go on a hayride, and most importantly spend time with the ones who are close to your heart.
The endless search of the perfect red lip is over. At least for me it is. In the words of the lovely Taylor Swift red lips are classic. Well recently I was watching a video from the beauty vlogger Zoe Sugg and she recommended the Rimmel Kate Lipstick 107. Zoe and I have similar skin colors so I decided to buy it. Let me tell you it’s my favorite red ever! I love the Rimmel Kate lipsticks in general but this one shines. If you haven’t tried it you must! What’s your favorite red lip?
About two years ago I discovered this brand on a trip to the UK and fell in love with their nail polish. I thought that’s the only thing they sold. After I was back in the states I discovered that it was actually a full line of makeup products but then sort of forgot about it. Well last year I rediscovered this company and actually bought the In the Buff Palette and the In the Nude palette which I did a full review here. http://floridafashionbabes.com/2014/11/05/urban-decay-naked-2-dupe/ This company is based out of London. It was created so that every women can have affordable high quality makeup. I love the concept. It has grown and grown over the years and now carries over five hundred fabulous products.This month I tried four new amazing products that I have to share. The Angel Eyes Palette is beautiful. The pigmentation of these shadows match up to high end eye shadows. The shimmers are especially creamy and easy to apply. The lipstick Red Tulip, which makes no sense because its pink, is lovely. Its creamy and glides onto your lips easily. Night Glow is a highlighter that gives you a beautiful pop of iridescence to your cheek bones. The Absolute Lashes is a great mascara it lengthens really well and I tend to go over it with my Maybelline the Rocket Mascara to make my lashes look a little fuller. I swatched two shades of the Angel Eyes Palette, Night Glow, and Red Tulip to show you just how amazing these are.
W7 continues to blow my mind with their inexpensive and high quality products. This brand is something to get excited for. Hope you enjoyed!
I love foundations. Plain and simple. Out of all my makeup I believe I own more foundations than anything else. It’s because I feel like I’m always on the hunt for the perfect foundation. Is it out there? I’ll let you know if I figure it out. Until then I do have some drugstore foundations that I love.
1. Rimmel Match Perfection foundation: This claims to be a light reflecting foundation which means it should go perfectly with your skin. Out of all the foundation that will be mentioned I go back to this one constantly. I found my love for this foundation at the beginning of 2014 and have now repurchased this 3 times. That probably gives you an idea of how much I love it. It’s makes my skin look flawless and last all day. Plus it’s a really great price coming in at $5.99.
2. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum: This one was a recommendation from Essiebutton. Of course Bourjois is not available in the U.S so I ordered this one online. This stuff is amazing. It’s radiance boosting and is suppose to be good for your skin. When I wear this foundation it always feels so light on my skin. Plus just gives me an even complexion. It’s a little pricey, at 14.95, for a drugstore foundation but it’s worth it. If you are interested in purchasing this and you live in the U.S this where I bought it. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005IEH5W4/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1421076499&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SY200_QL40
3. Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation: This is a recent favorite of mine. This foundation stands out to me because of it’s staying power. It really does stay on for a long time. It does everything a foundation is supposed to do. It claims to be full coverage but I would call it medium coverage. Its a great foundation for those who need their makeup to last a super long time. I picked this one up for $6.99.
4. Revlon Photoready Foundation: I love the coverage and feel of this foundation. It’s perfect if you know you are going to be taking a lot of pictures. It’s light weight but still gives you that full coverage look. It’s very smooth and easy to apply. I believe that I purchased this one for $10.99.
5. e.l.f Acne Fighting Foundation: This foundation is so underrated to me. I recently picked this up at the e.l.f Studio store in Soho because I had heard a little about it. This has great coverage and is super light on the skin. This foundation does have some harsh acne fighting chemicals in it so I only wear this on really bad skin days. The price of this foundation was $6.
I hope everyone enjoyed reading about my top drugstore foundations. What are your go to drugstore foundations?
Sometimes when I’m a little stressed I have a really bad habit of buying more makeup. I know it’s not healthy but it makes me feel better. The other day I had one of those moments so I popped into Walgreens to check out the makeup section and ended up coming out with more than I planned. Although some of the purchases I’ve been wanting to try for a while. I hope you enjoy.
1. Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer
I have been wanting to try this concealer for a while but haven’t because I really love my NYX concealer. But this concealer is highly recommended by Essiebutton and a bunch of other YouTubers so I really wanted to try this. Maybe I’ll do a review on it soon!
2. Jordanna Eyeliner in White
I’ve seen some really cute makeup looks using white eyeliner and while in Walgreens I thought hey why not try one. So this was bought.
3. Maybelline Color Elixer
This is another Essiebutton recommendation. (can you tell who my favorite YouTuber is) I bought the color Captivating Carnation. Its a dark shade of pink and I think it’s just so pretty. It was hard to choose just one color but I really love this one.
4. Andrea Individual Lashes
Just your normal everyday individual lashes. This is just a repurchase but I really love this kind and they are semi permanent so can last up to 3 weeks.
5. Rimmel Lip Pencils
Is it weird that until now I’ve never owned any lip pencils. I have really thin lips and someone suggested I try these to give my lips a fuller effect. I bought the colors Eastend Snob and Indian pink.
Hope you enjoyed! What your favorite drugstore product? XOXO