Hello hello! Happy hump day everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. We went to the beach as you do in Florida and it was a perfect day. Being a Floridian going to the beach is something that happens quite often. I’ve grown up spending weekends at the beach or on the river so I’ve learned a few essential items to bring along the way. Check out my summer beach essentials below!
1. Sunscreen: I can’t stress the importance of this enough. When I was young I hated putting sunscreen on and would come home miserable and looking like a tomato. Now I am probably a little obsessive with it. I use the Neutrogena Beach Defense SPF 70 and apply it once an hour to ensure I am protected from the sun.
2:Sunglasses: These are a must for the beach. In Florida the sun can be super harsh and can be hard on your eyes. Sunglasses are needed especially if you will be at the beach for an extended amount of time. I think Forever 21 has some of the cutest and most inexpensive sunglasses out there.
3. A cute bathing suite: Okay this might sound a little dumb but I feel like its so much easier to enjoy yourself at the beach when you have bathing suite that makes you feel good and confident about yourself. I am currently in love with the one I have on. Its from Cotton On and is also affordable. Check it out here.
4. A Book: Its so relaxing to sit on the beach and read a good book. I am currently reading the Out from Egypt series. I can’t rave enough about these books. They suck you in and you never want to stop reading.
5. Small wristlet or pouch: I usually bring an empty Ipsy bag that way I can keep my phone, wallet, and keys without them falling to the bottom of my beach bag. It makes it way easier to find.
6. Massive Beach Towel or Beach Chair: While at the beach you are going to want something to sit in beside the sand. A big beach towel works great or if you prefer a chair you can easily find an inexpensive beach chair.
7. Water: It gets extremely hot in the summer and that makes it easy to get dehydrated. So while at the beach make sure you are drinking a lot of water!
- BH Cosmetics Brush 29: This is the perfect brush for blush. I never use another brush to put on my blush. It works for powder or cream and blends it all out beautifully.
- Sigma F80: I have loved this brush for years and its still one of my favorites. Its perfect for blending out my foundation. It feels so soft when applying liquid foundation and just gives a flawless look. Its a an oldie but definitely a goodie.
- Real Techniques Contour Brush: I have never loved a brush for my powder contour as much as I’ve loved this one. Its extremely precise and perfect for contouring specific areas of your face.
- Morphe M330 Blending Crease: This brush is so soft and blends my crease perfectly. Plus its super affordable and works better than any of my more expensive makeup brushes.
- Real Techniques Shading Brush: I absolutely love this brush. Its density is perfect to apply powder eyeshadows. I also love using this with my Colour Pop Super Shock Shadows.
Get all these awesome brushes here:
BH Cosmetics Brush 29: <a href=”http://click.linksynergy.com/link?id=USZ6KtAtSx4&offerid=451576.3074&type=2&murl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bhcosmetics.com%2Fdaily-deal-014″><IMG border=0 src=”http://www.bhcosmetics.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/1/4/14.jpg” ></a><IMG border=0 width=1 height=1 src=”http://ad.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/show?id=USZ6KtAtSx4&bids=451576.3074&type=2&subid=0″ >
Sigma F80: http://www.sigmabeauty.com/f80-flatkabuki/p/F80PARNT
Real Techniques Contour Brush: https://realtechniques.com/core-collection/p/1403
Morphe M330 Blending Crease:https://www.morphebrushes.com/products/m330-blending-crease
Real Techniques Shading Brush: https://realtechniques.com/shading-brush/p/1404
I was browsing around Walgreens, as you do, when suddenly out of the corner of my eyes new Wet n Wild products catch my attention. Naturally I rushed over, who am I kidding I walked and probably super slow too. Anyways I saw the Photofocus line and instantly fell in love…I mean these are the most expensive looking products Wet n Wild has ever released but we will get into that soon enough. While looking through the stash of foundation I couldn’t find my color anywhere, darn my pale skin, finally at the very back and in the wrong spot I got the very last one. Then I proceeded to find the concealer and I did. The lightest shade looked to dark but I shrugged my shoulders and bought it anyways, I can’t be stopped when it comes to makeup.
Now for the actual review of the products. I have been wearing both of these products and I feel like I have a pretty good judgement on these product. First off I will say if you have dry skin you will absolutely hate the foundation. It dries out on your skin so quickly. My skin is normal so I didn’t mind it so much. The foundation is a great color match for my skin and gave a really nice Matte finish. I wore this foundation my whole work day and noticed that it settled into my pores and really extenuated them. This foundation is horrible and for six bucks it doesn’t get much cheaper! The concealer is the real surprise for me. I originally thought it would be to dark for my skin tone but it ended up being a perfect match. It blends out beautifully and does everything you want a concealer to do. Overall these products are so inexpensive and the quality is not bad either.
Fall is such a great time for makeup lovers am I right? It’s fun to switch up your makeup when the seasons change and it gets a bit colder. I’ve been loving this Mac palette lately that is perfect for this time of year. With its purple hues and gorgeous mix of Matte, Satin, and frost shades it makes for a perfect palette. I will admit I was a little scared to use it when I first saw it but it can be used to make a really pretty natural everyday look. The bottom left shade is my favorite it’s perfect to blend into the crease. Plus Mac just slays their packaging. Sometimes I want products just because they look pretty. The tones in this palette are the perfect shades to wear during the Fall season. It isn’t the cheapest palette but it’s worth the price tag.
1. Favorite Fall lip product? I have two that are my absolute favorite and that is Mac Rebel and Sephora Collection Courtisane. They are perfect for Fall Rebel is deep purple that literally looks good on anyone and Courtisane is a deep brick red that is gorgeous.
2. Favorite Fall Nail Polish? I really like Yank My Doodle by OPI at the moment.
3. Favorite Starbucks Fall Drink? Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino of course!
4. Favorite Fall Candle? I love any Bath and Body Works Candle but my favorite is Marshmallow Fireside. Its just one of those scents that smell cozy and its great to have around your house.
5. Favorite Fall accessory? I love oversized chunky knit sweaters to just throw on over a pair of leggings.
6. Haunted house or haunted hay ride? BOTH
7. Favorite Halloween movie? Hocus Pocus and the Disney version of Sleepy Hollow. I’ve watched and loved both of these since I was a kid.
8. Favorite candy to eat on Halloween? I’m obsessed with Candy Corn.
9. What are you dressing up as for Halloween?! I probably wont dress up this year. Maybe I’ll be basic and throw on a pair of cat ears.
10. What is your Favorite thing about Fall? EVERYTHING. I love that feeling it brings. I love that it brings families together. I love the anticipation for Christmas it brings. I love that its usually when I go on vacation. I love the crisp morning air. Fall is just the best ya’ll!
I’ve been seeing a lot about the skincare line the e.l.f has recently put out and have been trying two of the products from the range. I picked up the Daily Face Cleanser and the the Daily Hydration Moisturizer.
The Daily Face Cleanser comes out as gel formula and when I wash my face it foams up. It’s leaves my face feeling clean but without leaving my face feeling dried out. Over the course of using it I feel like it’s such a good option for a drugstore cleanser.
I’ve come to actually love The Daily Hydration Moisturizer. I wasn’t entirely sure whether I would like it or not I have discovered I love it. I didn’t at first like the feeling of it but once it settled into my skin and I put my makeup on my mind changed completely. My makeup sat so amazing on top of this moisturizer it’s one of my all time favorite drugstore moisturizers.
I loved both of these products for the new e.l.f Skincare line. For the price they are amazing. I am super passionate about skincare so that makes me super picky as well. They are a great drugstore option and will definently be a Fall favorite for when my skin gets dryer.
Autumn is just a wonderful season. When the weather starts to change you feel like maybe life will slow down a little bit. I will be the first to tell you that when planning a wedding, working, and trying to find a place to live, life does not slow down one bit. In the midst of all the craziness that can surround us it important to slow down and spend time with the ones you love. Sometimes we get so caught up in the things in life that constantly keep us occupied that we forget to stop and enjoy the moment or season of life that we’re in. Don’t let the activities of life make you miss important moments. So this Autumn go to a Pumpkin Patch, find your way through a corn maze, sit around a bonfire, go on a hayride, and most importantly spend time with the ones who are close to your heart.
Where do I even start.. it’s been so long. Life has just become so crazy. A lot has changed in my life and that’s a good thing. As good as all of the change has been it’s also been stressful and busy. In the last months I started my fall semester, I went to Jamaica, my family took in a 3rd puppy, I got a new job and start in two weeks, and the biggest thing is I got engaged!! So wedding planning is in full swing at the moment but I am back and plan to focus on this more. I’ve decided that I will give myself the freedom to not just write about fashion and beauty but wedding planning, decorating a home, and whats on my heart etc… I’m very excited to start this blogging journey again.