Hello hello! Happy hump day everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. We went to the beach as you do in Florida and it was a perfect day. Being a Floridian going to the beach is something that happens quite often. I’ve grown up spending weekends at the beach or on the river so I’ve learned a few essential items to bring along the way. Check out my summer beach essentials below!
1. Sunscreen: I can’t stress the importance of this enough. When I was young I hated putting sunscreen on and would come home miserable and looking like a tomato. Now I am probably a little obsessive with it. I use the Neutrogena Beach Defense SPF 70 and apply it once an hour to ensure I am protected from the sun.
2:Sunglasses: These are a must for the beach. In Florida the sun can be super harsh and can be hard on your eyes. Sunglasses are needed especially if you will be at the beach for an extended amount of time. I think Forever 21 has some of the cutest and most inexpensive sunglasses out there.
3. A cute bathing suite: Okay this might sound a little dumb but I feel like its so much easier to enjoy yourself at the beach when you have bathing suite that makes you feel good and confident about yourself. I am currently in love with the one I have on. Its from Cotton On and is also affordable. Check it out here.
4. A Book: Its so relaxing to sit on the beach and read a good book. I am currently reading the Out from Egypt series. I can’t rave enough about these books. They suck you in and you never want to stop reading.
5. Small wristlet or pouch: I usually bring an empty Ipsy bag that way I can keep my phone, wallet, and keys without them falling to the bottom of my beach bag. It makes it way easier to find.
6. Massive Beach Towel or Beach Chair: While at the beach you are going to want something to sit in beside the sand. A big beach towel works great or if you prefer a chair you can easily find an inexpensive beach chair.
7. Water: It gets extremely hot in the summer and that makes it easy to get dehydrated. So while at the beach make sure you are drinking a lot of water!
- BH Cosmetics Brush 29: This is the perfect brush for blush. I never use another brush to put on my blush. It works for powder or cream and blends it all out beautifully.
- Sigma F80: I have loved this brush for years and its still one of my favorites. Its perfect for blending out my foundation. It feels so soft when applying liquid foundation and just gives a flawless look. Its a an oldie but definitely a goodie.
- Real Techniques Contour Brush: I have never loved a brush for my powder contour as much as I’ve loved this one. Its extremely precise and perfect for contouring specific areas of your face.
- Morphe M330 Blending Crease: This brush is so soft and blends my crease perfectly. Plus its super affordable and works better than any of my more expensive makeup brushes.
- Real Techniques Shading Brush: I absolutely love this brush. Its density is perfect to apply powder eyeshadows. I also love using this with my Colour Pop Super Shock Shadows.
Get all these awesome brushes here:
BH Cosmetics Brush 29: <a href=”http://click.linksynergy.com/link?id=USZ6KtAtSx4&offerid=451576.3074&type=2&murl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bhcosmetics.com%2Fdaily-deal-014″><IMG border=0 src=”http://www.bhcosmetics.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/1/4/14.jpg” ></a><IMG border=0 width=1 height=1 src=”http://ad.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/show?id=USZ6KtAtSx4&bids=451576.3074&type=2&subid=0″ >
Sigma F80: http://www.sigmabeauty.com/f80-flatkabuki/p/F80PARNT
Real Techniques Contour Brush: https://realtechniques.com/core-collection/p/1403
Morphe M330 Blending Crease:https://www.morphebrushes.com/products/m330-blending-crease
Real Techniques Shading Brush: https://realtechniques.com/shading-brush/p/1404
I was browsing around Walgreens, as you do, when suddenly out of the corner of my eyes new Wet n Wild products catch my attention. Naturally I rushed over, who am I kidding I walked and probably super slow too. Anyways I saw the Photofocus line and instantly fell in love…I mean these are the most expensive looking products Wet n Wild has ever released but we will get into that soon enough. While looking through the stash of foundation I couldn’t find my color anywhere, darn my pale skin, finally at the very back and in the wrong spot I got the very last one. Then I proceeded to find the concealer and I did. The lightest shade looked to dark but I shrugged my shoulders and bought it anyways, I can’t be stopped when it comes to makeup.
Now for the actual review of the products. I have been wearing both of these products and I feel like I have a pretty good judgement on these product. First off I will say if you have dry skin you will absolutely hate the foundation. It dries out on your skin so quickly. My skin is normal so I didn’t mind it so much. The foundation is a great color match for my skin and gave a really nice Matte finish. I wore this foundation my whole work day and noticed that it settled into my pores and really extenuated them. This foundation is horrible and for six bucks it doesn’t get much cheaper! The concealer is the real surprise for me. I originally thought it would be to dark for my skin tone but it ended up being a perfect match. It blends out beautifully and does everything you want a concealer to do. Overall these products are so inexpensive and the quality is not bad either.
Body butters are a must for me when the weather starts to get cooler. My skin dries up literally the first day it’s even a little bit chilly. If you don’t know what body butters are I would describe them as a lotion that is like a millions times more moisturizing than your typical everyday lotion. I love them and they work miracles on my skin. I have 3 that stand out above the rest.
First of let’s talk about Bath and Body Works body butters. They are amazing. Paris Amour is my favorite scent of theirs. I have the candle, perfume, body spray, lotion, and of course the body butter. This stuff smells amazing! I usually put this one on in the morning to compliment my perfume as I’m about to start my day.This one is a tad greasy so it’s not great for nighttime use.
Creightons Rasberry Revive is my go to nighttime skin moisturizer. I love how it feels on my skin. It goes on smooth and doesn’t leave you greasy. After application it has this cooling sensation and it’s amazing.
The last one I want to talk about is The Body Shop body butter. I feel like I can’t talk about body butters without talking about The Body Shop. They have awesome products in general but I really love this one. It’s perfect to throw in your purse for use throughout the day. The scent smells of coconut and I love that.
I hope enjoyed my favorite body butters! Do any of you use these and what are your favorites?
Autumn is just a wonderful season. When the weather starts to change you feel like maybe life will slow down a little bit. I will be the first to tell you that when planning a wedding, working, and trying to find a place to live, life does not slow down one bit. In the midst of all the craziness that can surround us it important to slow down and spend time with the ones you love. Sometimes we get so caught up in the things in life that constantly keep us occupied that we forget to stop and enjoy the moment or season of life that we’re in. Don’t let the activities of life make you miss important moments. So this Autumn go to a Pumpkin Patch, find your way through a corn maze, sit around a bonfire, go on a hayride, and most importantly spend time with the ones who are close to your heart.
The endless search of the perfect red lip is over. At least for me it is. In the words of the lovely Taylor Swift red lips are classic. Well recently I was watching a video from the beauty vlogger Zoe Sugg and she recommended the Rimmel Kate Lipstick 107. Zoe and I have similar skin colors so I decided to buy it. Let me tell you it’s my favorite red ever! I love the Rimmel Kate lipsticks in general but this one shines. If you haven’t tried it you must! What’s your favorite red lip?
Yesterday my sister and I went to the One Direction Concert! This is our second time seeing them. The last time was their Up All Night Tour. It’s crazy to see how much their fan base has grown since then. It’s actually really cool going to that concert and now getting to see them again. So here’s our night!
We left in the afternoon and getting there was an adventure. It was a two hour drive but we got stuck in heavy concert traffic. When we finally got there we got in line only to find I out we were in the wrong line. We walked the whole building because we needed wristbands for floor access. So we got inside and found our seats. My sister and I sat in the second row which was really cool because we’ve never been that close at a show before. We started talking to all the other fans around us and some of them are so funny.
The concert was a blast. They are so goofy especially Harry Styles. He had the funniest braids in his hair that we just laughed so hard about. My sister was waving at Luke Hemmings from 5SOS and he made a face at her which you will see below but the girls all around her started freaking out and they turned around and started screaming with her and jumping up and down it was so cute.
Overall it was a super fun night with my sister. We will be seeing them again in the future for sure!