Hello hello! Happy hump day everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. We went to the beach as you do in Florida and it was a perfect day. Being a Floridian going to the beach is something that happens quite often. I’ve grown up spending weekends at the beach or on the river so I’ve learned a few essential items to bring along the way. Check out my summer beach essentials below!
1. Sunscreen: I can’t stress the importance of this enough. When I was young I hated putting sunscreen on and would come home miserable and looking like a tomato. Now I am probably a little obsessive with it. I use the Neutrogena Beach Defense SPF 70 and apply it once an hour to ensure I am protected from the sun.
2:Sunglasses: These are a must for the beach. In Florida the sun can be super harsh and can be hard on your eyes. Sunglasses are needed especially if you will be at the beach for an extended amount of time. I think Forever 21 has some of the cutest and most inexpensive sunglasses out there.
3. A cute bathing suite: Okay this might sound a little dumb but I feel like its so much easier to enjoy yourself at the beach when you have bathing suite that makes you feel good and confident about yourself. I am currently in love with the one I have on. Its from Cotton On and is also affordable. Check it out here.
4. A Book: Its so relaxing to sit on the beach and read a good book. I am currently reading the Out from Egypt series. I can’t rave enough about these books. They suck you in and you never want to stop reading.
5. Small wristlet or pouch: I usually bring an empty Ipsy bag that way I can keep my phone, wallet, and keys without them falling to the bottom of my beach bag. It makes it way easier to find.
6. Massive Beach Towel or Beach Chair: While at the beach you are going to want something to sit in beside the sand. A big beach towel works great or if you prefer a chair you can easily find an inexpensive beach chair.
7. Water: It gets extremely hot in the summer and that makes it easy to get dehydrated. So while at the beach make sure you are drinking a lot of water!
- BH Cosmetics Brush 29: This is the perfect brush for blush. I never use another brush to put on my blush. It works for powder or cream and blends it all out beautifully.
- Sigma F80: I have loved this brush for years and its still one of my favorites. Its perfect for blending out my foundation. It feels so soft when applying liquid foundation and just gives a flawless look. Its a an oldie but definitely a goodie.
- Real Techniques Contour Brush: I have never loved a brush for my powder contour as much as I’ve loved this one. Its extremely precise and perfect for contouring specific areas of your face.
- Morphe M330 Blending Crease: This brush is so soft and blends my crease perfectly. Plus its super affordable and works better than any of my more expensive makeup brushes.
- Real Techniques Shading Brush: I absolutely love this brush. Its density is perfect to apply powder eyeshadows. I also love using this with my Colour Pop Super Shock Shadows.
Get all these awesome brushes here:
BH Cosmetics Brush 29: <a href=”http://click.linksynergy.com/link?id=USZ6KtAtSx4&offerid=451576.3074&type=2&murl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bhcosmetics.com%2Fdaily-deal-014″><IMG border=0 src=”http://www.bhcosmetics.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/1/4/14.jpg” ></a><IMG border=0 width=1 height=1 src=”http://ad.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/show?id=USZ6KtAtSx4&bids=451576.3074&type=2&subid=0″ >
Sigma F80: http://www.sigmabeauty.com/f80-flatkabuki/p/F80PARNT
Real Techniques Contour Brush: https://realtechniques.com/core-collection/p/1403
Morphe M330 Blending Crease:https://www.morphebrushes.com/products/m330-blending-crease
Real Techniques Shading Brush: https://realtechniques.com/shading-brush/p/1404
1. Favorite Fall lip product? I have two that are my absolute favorite and that is Mac Rebel and Sephora Collection Courtisane. They are perfect for Fall Rebel is deep purple that literally looks good on anyone and Courtisane is a deep brick red that is gorgeous.
2. Favorite Fall Nail Polish? I really like Yank My Doodle by OPI at the moment.
3. Favorite Starbucks Fall Drink? Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino of course!
4. Favorite Fall Candle? I love any Bath and Body Works Candle but my favorite is Marshmallow Fireside. Its just one of those scents that smell cozy and its great to have around your house.
5. Favorite Fall accessory? I love oversized chunky knit sweaters to just throw on over a pair of leggings.
6. Haunted house or haunted hay ride? BOTH
7. Favorite Halloween movie? Hocus Pocus and the Disney version of Sleepy Hollow. I’ve watched and loved both of these since I was a kid.
8. Favorite candy to eat on Halloween? I’m obsessed with Candy Corn.
9. What are you dressing up as for Halloween?! I probably wont dress up this year. Maybe I’ll be basic and throw on a pair of cat ears.
10. What is your Favorite thing about Fall? EVERYTHING. I love that feeling it brings. I love that it brings families together. I love the anticipation for Christmas it brings. I love that its usually when I go on vacation. I love the crisp morning air. Fall is just the best ya’ll!
I love supporting others who have the same passion as me so when I saw that Diva Makeup Queen on YouTube was coming out with her own palette of course I bought it. I’ve been watching DMQ for a while now and can say that she really does embody the concept of this palette which is “Dream Big.” It really is amazing that she did this on her own not through any company. Now lets get to the actual palette!
I absolutely love the colors in the “Dream Big” palette. They are right up my ally. I love the neutrals since I’m a neutral eyeshadow kind of girl but I also love the colorful options as well. Plus the finish of the eyeshadows are just beautiful!
In the picture I am wearing Passion in the crease and right above it. Then Faith right in the crease and Believe in the outer corners. All over the lid is actually the purple color which is called Imagination and to finish it out Gratitude is on my browbone. I love that all of the names of each shadow are what you need to dream big. Again congrats to DMQ on her launch of this amazing palette! If any of you are interested in this palette here is the link: http://dmq-cosmetics.myshopify.com