I can’t believe it’s already 2017 where has time gone. I am actually very excited for this year. I feel like its going to be great! This is the time of year where everyone sets goals for the themselves and I’ve never really set new years goals because most people never actually fulfill them. This year I decided I would set five goals and I wanted to share them. So here goes!
- Read my bible for at least 20 minutes everyday. Sometimes life gets so busy that its easy to forget to push aside spending time in the word when it is so important for spiritual health.
- Make more time for myself. This something that I am not very good at but I think its vital to take some time and do things that make you feel happy and relaxed. Some of those things for me are date nights, spending time with my girlfriends, relaxing baths, and writing for fun.
- Blog twice a week. I am so inconsistent with my blogging and this year I’ve decided to set myself a schedule.
- Go on a long walk twice a week. Walking is so good for you and can really help clear your mind.
- Book a vacation to Paris! This has been a long term goal for me and I’ve kind of made it my husbands to. I have been to Europe but I have never been to Paris and its always been a dream of mine. By the end of this year I would love to have a trip booked for the beginning of next year!
There are my five goals for 2017! I am so excited for these and I feel like they are actually obtainable. What are some of your goals for 2017?
Christmas is right around the corner and I couldn’t be more excited! This is my favorite time of the year. I’m even more excited because very soon I will be headed to New York City for a girls trip. Obviously I’m taking an airplane so I thought I would give a few tips and tricks I’ve learned a long the way. I am in no way an expert but just a girl who has traveled a lot.
1. Water and lots of it: This is so cliche but seriously water must be something you bring on the plane with you. It will keep you nice and hydrated throughout the plane ride. Remember that water is not allowed through security so you’ll have to wait until after to buy some.
2. Keep your carry-on light: This is something I’ve learned the hard way. Trying to carry a heavy bag through the gates and onto the plane and then through the aisles is a pain. Just pack what you need.
3. Bring hand sanitizer and use it often: There are so many germs around and you don’t want to get sick before your vacation even starts so use that hand sanitizer.
4. Hydrate your skin: This is super important because the air in the cabin is not humidified so it dries out your skin quickly. Bring moisturizer and eye cream onto the plane with you. The TSA approved amount is 3 fl oz which most moisturizers do not come in. You can pick up clear travel pots and tubes at Target or Walmart. Which makes it easy to bring it with you.
5. Dress comfortably: Make sure whatever you wear allows you to be able to move and sit comfortably. But remember comfortable doesn’t mean sloppy. You can still be stylish while being comfy.
6. A good nights sleep: There is nothing better for you when you fly then to get a good nights rest. It makes you feel ready for the day a head.
Hope you enjoyed my little list of travel tips and tricks! Anyone have any other suggestion feel free to leave them below in the comments! XOXO